Tuesday, September 13, 2011
1 beef brisket (4 pounds)
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons sugar free apricot jam
May add in 8 carrots, cut into 2x2x4 inch pieces and 4 small onions, quartered to recipe. Nutritionals are affected.
1. Heat oven to 475F. Season brisket with salt, paprika and pepper.
2. Place brisket fat side down in a Dutch oven. Scatter onions and carrots around the beef. Cook 15 minutes.
3. Turn brisket fat side up and add 1/2 cup water. Cover tightly. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Cook 3 to 4 hours, until brisket is fork tender.
4. Heat broiler. Remove brisket from Dutch oven and place on a broiler pan. Spread jam over brisket. Broil 6 from heat source 5 minutes, until jam is lightly browned in spots. While brisket is broiling, remove onions and carrots from cooking juices.
5. Cover brisket with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes before serving. Remove surface fat with a spoon and serve with degreased cooking juices.
Once upon a time in Santa Rosa, CA at my one of my favorite little eatery’s, (Mary's Pizzza), I discovered something so tasty, so good...
Old fashioned raisin pie is unusual, not in the main stream. One really has to like raisins to enjoy. One of the pies my Grandpa loved w...
This is a treat. reminds me of lunch at Neiman Marcus. Popovers 2 c. flour 1 tsp. salt 4 large eggs, room temperature 2 c. milk, ro...
So, here's the experiment, turning the family corn bread recipe into a dairy free recipe. The original is already gluten free, as ...