Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Chicken Breast with Tarragon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon canola oil
½ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
¾ teaspoon dried tarragon
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with oil. Brown chicken breasts on both sides. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 15 minutes, just until chicken is cooked through.
2. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Add cream to skillet; scraping up brown bits.
3. Stir in mustard and tarragon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
4. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.