Brownie Goody Bars
New recipe to try. From Betty Crocker... Keep you posted how they trun out.
2/3 Cup butter or margarine
5 Oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 Cups granulated sugar
2 Teaspoons vanilla
1 Cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour*
1/2 Cup chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
Creamy Vanilla Frosting
3 Cups powdered sugar
1/3 Cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla
1 To 2 tablespoons milk
3/4 Cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
3 Cups crisp rice cereal
1 Cup creamy peanut butter
1 Bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening. In 1-quart saucepan, melt 2/3 cup butter and the unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool 5 minutes.
- 2 In medium bowl beat granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla and the eggs with electric mixer on high speed 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture on low speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in flour just until blended, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in walnuts. Spread in pan.
- 3 Bake 40 to 45 minutes or just until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 2 hours.
- 4 In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and 1/3 cup butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 tablespoon milk. Gradually beat in enough remaining milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make frosting smooth and spreadable. Frost brownies; sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate while making cereal mixture.
- 5 Place cereal in large bowl; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Cool completely before cutting, about 1 hour. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.