Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Blackberry Mustard
- 1 cup fresh blackberries or raspberries, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut in half crosswise (see Tip)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Mash blackberries (or raspberries), mustard and honey in a small bowl until it looks like a chunky sauce.
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Place cornmeal in a medium bowl, add the chicken and toss to coat (discard any leftover cornmeal).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook the chicken, turning once or twice, until browned and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total (thinner nuggets will cook faster than thicker ones). Serve the chicken nuggets with the berry mustard.
Tips & Notes
- Chicken tenders are the lean strips of rib meat typically found attached to the underside of chicken breasts. They can also be purchased separately. Four 1-ounce tenders will yield a 3-ounce cooked portion. Tenders are perfect for quick stir-fries, chicken satay or -friendly breaded “chicken nuggets.”